[mythtv-users] Power outages and UPSs

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Sat Jul 28 16:51:06 UTC 2007

According to the output of apcupsd status, below, I'm overdue for a
battery replacement.  This system is only a 350 VAW and only gives me 5
minutes.  I have it set to shut down the system after 30 seconds of no
power.  And yes, I have to hit the PC's power button when the power
comes back so our recordings will not happen if we're away from home and
the power goes out for > 30 sec.  I think there are ways to reconfigure
that, though.  This is a pretty smart little box.  It was $25 (plus tax)
at a brick & mortar closeout a couple of years ago.  The last ones I
bought were 500 VAW and were $30 each plus shipping.

 > service apcupsd status
APC      : 001,034,0854
DATE     : Sat Jul 28 09:39:06 PDT 2007
HOSTNAME : hal
RELEASE  : 3.12.4
VERSION  : 3.12.4 (19 August 2006) redhat
UPSNAME  : hal
CABLE    : USB Cable
MODEL    : Back-UPS ES 350
UPSMODE  : Stand Alone
STARTTIME: Thu Jul 26 01:08:02 PDT 2007
STATUS   : ONLINE
LINEV    : 117.0 Volts
LOADPCT  :  58.0 Percent Load Capacity
BCHARGE  : 100.0 Percent
TIMELEFT :   5.0 Minutes
MBATTCHG : 0 Percent
MINTIMEL : 0 Minutes
MAXTIME  : 30 Seconds
LOTRANS  : 091.0 Volts
HITRANS  : 130.0 Volts
ALARMDEL : Always
BATTV    : 13.6 Volts
LASTXFER : Automatic or explicit self test
NUMXFERS : 0
TONBATT  : 0 seconds
CUMONBATT: 0 seconds
XOFFBATT : N/A