[mythtv-users] General ways to fix lag on liveTV

Jonathan Seawright jonathanathome at verizon.net
Sun Jul 29 03:47:22 UTC 2007

Hey all,

When I try to watch LiveTV on my mythTV box, I get visual skipping and nastyness. Whenever there is a recording seperately, playback is FLAWLESS, especially in HD content.

My system specs are as follows:
AMD64 3000+ (running in 32bits mode)
1GB DDR
roughly 400GB of space, split via LVM between an ATA 120gb drive, and a SATA 300gb drive.
pcHDTV 5500

Any ideas on how to speed this up? It seems that after a bit of pausing or rewinding, I can watch it with little to no disturbances. It seems to me, that it is a buffering problem? Or simply the speed of the drives? I know for a fact that the ATA drive is filled... so we're recording to the SATA...

Thanks!

Jonathan Seawright