[mythtv-users] Any hope for 1080i content at 1080i with nVidia?

Doug Larrick doug at parkercat.org
Mon Jul 30 11:21:19 UTC 2007

> Here's where I'm at so far in trying to get this to work:
>
> I can get 540p working using the 540p Modeline from that link you supplied.
> It won't let me use bob deinterlaceing however.  I get this:
>
> 2007-07-29 21:54:55.895 Video sync method can't support double framerate
> (refresh rate too low for bob deint)

You need to adjust the 540p mode so its refresh is fast enough to
display the fields sequentially.  You're looking for 59.94 Hz in the US
(not any less, not even 59.93).

> If I use the 540pw Modeline from that link, it allows me to use bob but I
> have another issue:  When I watch TV the picture is compressed into the
> middle 50% of the screen with wide black bars to the left and right.

You need to set the DisplaySize attribute in your xorg.conf since your
pixels are not square.

You can find more about both these issues by searching in the list
archives: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

-Doug