[mythtv-users] what is the best way to connect to the backend from a Mac OS X frontend

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Mon Jul 30 20:30:32 UTC 2007

> I read somewhere I should use a nfs share but that it is hard to setup and
> insecure.  My home network is nated behind a linksys firewall and my isp
> blocks common ports so I'm not terribly worried about security on this
> machine.

I use NFS, but it wasn't easy to set up, and it's not as solid as it
should be.  I'm honestly a little surprised at how hard it was to do
something that simple.

It was an exercise in frustration to get it going, and IMHO it should have
been simple for someone as familiar with *nix as I am.  Or maybe I'm just
dumber than I thought.

Greg