[mythtv-users] Forcedeth, HDhomerun and frame errors

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 02:06:05 UTC 2007

Thanks for the reply, JS.

If anything, I think increasing rmem_max actually seems to give far
more errors when using the hdhomerun.

> There are also some reports from Silicon Dust that Nvidia ethernet chips
> need to be run without hardware buffering.
I assume you're referring to this?
http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3272
I've checked with 'ethtool -k eth0', and all the offloading is
disabled by default.

When I first got my hdhomerun, I also had it set up with a crossover
cable to a cheap PCI NIC and never had any problems with it that way,
although it was with a different motherboard.  My goal was to free up
the slot for something more useful like a sound card, as I'm not
terribly satisfied with the onboard audio on this MB either, but
that's for a different thread.  If all else fails, I suppose I will
have to give up the slot again.