[mythtv-users] Power outages and UPSs

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Jul 31 04:46:41 UTC 2007

David Brodbeck wrote:
> John Drescher wrote:
>>> And how long do the batteries tend to last before they need replacing
>>> again?
>
>  If you order from APC they take the old ones back,
> though, which may be a bonus if you live in an area where battery
> disposal is difficult, or if your workplace has onerous regulations
> about disposing of such things.

Be aware that Ikea and Black and Decker outlet stores, among others,
will gladly take your NiCad, NiMh, Li or other batteries for recycling.
Every Ikea I have been in in Canada has a bin near the Customer service
area, where you can dump your batteries, including standard AA or AAA
etc. alkalines. Better than landfill..

               R. Geoffrey Newbury

        Helping with the HTTP issue