[mythtv-users] Hook-up question

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 31 11:45:17 UTC 2007

I know this is going to sound like a silly question, but I'm gonna ask

it anyway, as I'm drawing a complete blank.  How do I have to hook up my

hardware to begin using MythTV?  I have the latest distribution of

MythDora 4.0 installed on a HTPC setup that I just built.  It has a

pcHDTV tuner card in it.

I live in New Jersey and have a Motorola DCT6412 digital box from

Comcast that provides HDTV.  I also have an Onkyo stereo receiver in the

mix.  I currently have the main cable coming into the Motorola box, then

another coax  cable from that box down to my pcHDTV card and I can't get

any stations to come in.  I have an optical S/PDIF cable from my PC to

my receiver and cannot get any audio.

Any ideas or basic wiring/setup help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm

thinking that I'm just "over"-thinking this and confusing myself.

Thanks,

Harry