[mythtv-users] Anyone managed to burn standard DVDs

Jonathan Markevich mythtv at jonandtina.net
Tue Jul 31 14:14:14 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Yes, I had this problem for a long time.  The problem is with
Hauppauge/ivtv and demuxing to put in the DVD frame information.

The Hauppauge captures are not 100% pristine. In order to keep the video
intelligibly in sync when watching live, when the signal has (even
invisible) glitches, it inserts duplicate video frames, and most remux
utilities don't account for that. When remuxed with these, the more
duplicates it comes across, it gets farther and farther out of sync.

One solution (the hard way, but possibly more technically correct):
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/131882?search_string=nuv2dvd;#131882

Another - more ugly - is to transcode them to something like DivX first,
then retranscode them back.  This seems to fix it.

I haven't come across this problem in a long time, though I have been
transcoding to remove commercials and that seems to be fine, and
creating DivX after that.  I don't have as much need for proper DVDs as
I thought I did.