[mythtv-users] nuvexport problems

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jul 31 15:15:07 UTC 2007

A JM wrote:
> Paul,
>
> I have some occasional sync issues when archiving (DVB-TS), some
> archive sweet others just bomb some even a total loss of audio.
>
> Interestingly, when I have a sync issue they happen at random spots in
> the recording a change in the broadcast volume or when they go to a
> commercial.

It could be there is a jump in the PTS at these points and mythreplex
isn't handling the jump properly but without a sample file I'm just
guessing.

I've said this many times before but the only way these sorts of
problems are going to get fixed is if someone takes the time to provide
a sample file so that I can reproduce it. Ideally a native archive of
the original recording made with MythArchive so I can use the same cut
points etc.

> "MythArchive from SVN both trunk and fixes branch will now try to
> calculate what the sync offset was before splitting a file and applies
> the same sync offset when its remuxed back together. The fixes branch
> version does that automatically but in the trunk version you currently
> need to change a flag from 'False' to True' to enable it."
>
> Where is the flag for this located?

It's at the top of the mythburn.py script.  Just change
useSyncOffset = False
useSyncOffset = True

This just fixes one instance of the audio sync problem where playback
starts out of sync and stays the same throughout the file.

> AJM,

Paul H.