[mythtv-users] mythbackend idle timeout does not start

Mikkel Stensgaard mikkel at sudu.dk
Tue Jul 31 16:59:27 UTC 2007

>> Back to the drawing board again. Oddly though, it has started working
>> this morning though. I think it may have something to do with the
>> windows mythtvplayer, as I often use that to watch on the laptop, but
>> I've been watching most stuff on the myth box itself lately. I have no
>> other frontends either btw.

Actually, it might be MythTv Player that causes the problem. Previosly I
fixed a bug that sounds a bit like this
(http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3186). In short, the player
disconnected from the backend in a way that was not intended. This means
that the connection is shut down, but the connection is still in the
list of connections that the backend *thinks* is active. If the backend
thinks that there is an active frontend (the player), this might cause
your problem.
I believe that the dsmyth plugins, and maybe other unofficial programs,
have the same problem.

Could you verify if MythTv Player is the cause of the problems? If the
player have the problem I would like to correct it.
(Another way is to correct the code in the backend)

\Mikkel
[Developer of MythTv Player]