[mythtv-users] Any recomendations for a wireless keyboard

Gert van der Knokke gertk at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 31 19:39:09 UTC 2007

> you can even buy the Microsoft MCE Keyboard. There's some drivers
floating around that allow it to work, the keyboard and mouse work as a
normal HID input device, and the extra MCE keys get passed to LIRC. I
Wouldn't get it unless your willing to get a little dirty with driver
compilation, but otherwise I like the keyboard a lot (however I don't
really use the mouse part). I'd read some reviews on it.

I wonder how the mouse works with Linux (Myth uses no mouse) on these
keyboards as under Windows XP/MCE it just plain sucks, the keyboard part
is ok but whoever designed that mouse thing must have been absolutely
nuts.. Furthermore the MCE keyboard is IR and does not like Plasma TV's
at all (the receive LED goes all wild and response is very bad when it
'sees' light from a Plasma screen, this was tested with a Pioneer PDP
screen)

I use a simple Trust wireless keyboard (14736) with an USB dongle and it
works straight out of the box even in 'Bios' mode unlike M$ MCE keyboard
which does not do a thing during bootup (try getting into safe mode with
that...). The Trust keyboard is small and light with a mushroom like
controller for the mouse.

I would not recommend the MCE keyboard at all...

Gert