[mythtv-users] How to force SSA subtitles size to constant one ?

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Tue Jul 31 19:40:39 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have problems with different subtitle styles in .mkv files.
I understand SSA subtitles embedded in matroskha container has also
embedded presentation style - so when I have .mkv files with the same
resolution - subtitles might be displayed with different sizes.
This is exact my case: on some films they are too big, on some other
they are to small.
For displaying I use asslib, and I'm forcing  ass-font-style.
Here is my mplayer config:

#-----------------------
ao=alsa
ac=hwac3,hwdts,a52,
lavdopts=fast=yes:skiploopfilter=all
slang=pol,eng
alang=eng,pol
ass=1
ass-force-style=FontName=Arial,Default.Bold=1
subfont-text-scale=4.5
subcp=cp1250
vo=xv
fs=yes
zoom=yes

What additionally should be added here for forcing always the same
subtitles font size ?

thx in advance