[mythtv-users] Anyone managed to burn standard DVDs

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jul 31 20:20:29 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:
> Trey Thompson wrote:
>
>> On 7/30/07, *Brian Wood* <beww at beww.org <mailto:beww at beww.org>> wrote:
>>
>>     Jake Vickers wrote:
>>
>>     I burn with MythBurn from the MythWeb interface, and have not had any
>>     noticeable problems.
>>

>> OK, how do you do THAT?  :)
>>
> This is with a 0.19 installaion, so it's likely somewhat out of date.
> >From what I've read here most folks seem to be moving towards MythArchive.
>
> If MythWeb is installed, you simply connect to it with a browser, select
> "MythBurn DVD" at the top, select the files you want to burn, and click
> "Create DVD" at the bottom, after selecting some menu options.
>
> Pretty self-explanatory, assuming MythWeb is installed.
>
> BEWW

One thing you should be aware of is MythBurn was never part of the
official MythWeb so required it to be patched. If you are still using
0.19 then that's easy enough as long as you are using one of the
supported revisions.  If your using 0.20 or svn then it's going to
require a lot of work to update both the patch to MythWeb and probably
some changes in the scripts as well depending on which version you are
using.

Paul H.