[mythtv-users] vga to scart poor picture quality

Robin Neatherway robthebob at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 22:13:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to use a vga to scart conversion cable to get better
picture quality on my PAL tv in the UK. Basically, however, the result
is one of poor picture quality. This is especially true when in
playback mode where the OSD looks appalling when brought up. Text also
looks as though it may be being scaled, as it is very difficult to
read. I was under the impression that video quality would be the best
using this method, but perhaps my TV is trying to be too clever?

I am using the following modeline:

ModeLine     "1024x576pali" 19.7 1024 1058 1138 1263 576 581 585 625
-hsync -vsync interlace

Any experiences, positive or negative, would be great to hear about.

--
Robin