[mythtv-users] Hauppuage PVR-500 with two different TV sources and streaming from the backend to a remote frontend

Jongi jongitech at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 12:42:40 UTC 2007

Is what I am going to describe below possible.

I will look to have a main box running as a mythtv back/frontend and another
running purely as a fontend.

*Front/Backend*

This will have a Hauppauge PVR-500 card (no daughterboard at present). This
will receive feed from 2 different sources (TV1 and TV2).  TV1 will be
connected to the one Hauppauge card (Hau1) and TV2 the other (Hau2). TV1 and
TV2 are feeds from a dual view decoder if anyone is wondering.

What I would like is for MythTV to **always** show LiveTV as what is on
Hau1. I would want Hau2 to be used for scheduled recordings. With this setup
I would also want recording of LiveTV to be done through Hau1.

*Frontend only*

What I want to do with this frontend is to be able to stream the recordings
on the backend.

Is this possible?