[mythtv-users] Solution for DVD that MythTV can't rip

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:30:03 UTC 2007

Being able to select movies from a list on the TV screen and instantly
view them is such a dream.  It sure beats searching through all of my
DVDs and trying to find the one I want - then physically inserting it
and waiting for it to load.

Thank you, MythTV!  Thank you!

Over the past week, I have been diligently ripping my entire DVD
collection to disk.  As I go along, I find some that Myth cannot rip.

I like to rip the entire ISO file.  That way I have the menus, the
scene selections, and the bonus material.

I searched here and found many possible solutions for the unrippable
DVDs.  Most solutions did not rip the entire ISO.  Ones that did were
very complicated.

Eventually, my googling led me to k9copy.  This is easy to use to rip
the ISO. I simply insert the DVD and tell it to copy to my MythTV
movie directory.  It's just about as fast as Myth in terms of ripping
time.

Best yet, it has worked everytime.

I still use Myth to rip most.  But for any that fail, I just call up
k9copy and voila!

I'm just posting this here to simplify the search process for the next person.

Good luck!

Tom