[mythtv-users] HD Situation in The Netherlands.

Fred Clausen fred at derf.nl
Fri Jun 1 15:49:23 UTC 2007

Hello,

I found the NL page on the Wiki:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Netherlands

and it seems that UPC (since I am in Amsterdam) offers HDTV broadcasts
and I was wondering if anyone has tried to use MythTV with UPC (or any
NL broadcasters for that matter) HDTV?

I also saw this on the wiki:

 > So far I do not have any experience with working PCI DVB-C cards, but
 > during my research for information I found the following link:
 > http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Conditional_Access_Module
 > which states the 'MagicModule' CAM module should be able to handle
 > nagravision encryption. Maybe this CAM module in combination with a
 > PCI DVB-C card can provide a successful setup??? --Michel 21:00, 9 May
 > 2007 (UTC)

Can anyone confirm that such a setup works? HDTV seems wonderful but not
if it is so encumbered that I am forced to use whatever "mediaboxes" the
providers deem I should.

Any clarity would be much appreciated :)

Cheers,

Fred.