[mythtv-users] PVR 500 samsung tuners

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 21:06:15 UTC 2007

On 6/1/07, Daniel Agar <daniel at agar.ca> wrote:
> So I just bought a PVR 500 with the samsung tuners that gives me a
> terrible grainy picture filled with lots of diagonal wavy lines. I'm
> looking into buying an RF attenuator but I'm not sure how much attenuation
> is needed. Does anyone with this card actually get descent results after
> decreasing the signal? I'm looking for any advice fellow pvr500 owners
> might have other than ditching this for 2 pvr 150s.
> Thanks

For me I had mixed results. Even with attenuation I still had a few
bad channels (around 45) and the quality of the good channels was
noticeably not as good as my pvr 250 so I eventually pulled the pvr500
out and I am using an old pvr 250 and a new pvr 150 (I just got one at
newegg for $53) instead.

John