[mythtv-users] mythwelcome not executing wakeup time set script

Matt Poff matt.poff at headfirst.co.nz
Sat Jun 2 02:37:25 UTC 2007

Hi,

Having real issues getting MythWelcome to set wake up time correctly.
I've isolated the problem to MythWelcome itself which doesn't appear to
be firing my wakeup alarm time set. If I run the script from the
terminal it does set the acpi alarm  correctly (and this is also
working). Debugging flags I have set such as writing values to log files
are not happening so I'm certain the script is not being written.

I'm running Ubuntu Feisty 7.01 with the latest package installs of
MythTV 0.20. The script itself is located at /usr/bin and is executable.
The myth user has rights to run the script (set in visudo). Shutdown
works fine.

The script does not receive a time variable from the myth-backend,
instead it parses it from output to mythbackend --printsched.

mythwelcome settings are as follows:
 - nvram-wakeup Command: /usr/bin/MythWakeSet
 - nvram-wakeup Restart Command: [blank]
 - Command to reboot: sudo shutdown -h -P now
 - Command to shutdown: sudo shutdown -h -P now
 - Command to run Xterm
 - Command to run to start the Frontend /usr/bin/mythfrontend

mythtv-setup (General>Page 5 "Shutdown/Wakeup Options) are as follows:
 - Idle timeout (secs): 60
 - Max. wait for recording (min): 15
 - Startup before rec. (secs): 180
 - Wakeup time format: yyyy-MM-ddThh:mm:ss
 - Set wakeuptime command: mythshutdown --setwakeup $time
 - Server halt command: sudo shutdown -h -P now
 - Pre Shutdown check-command: mythshutdown --check

Any ideas? I can only guess there is some sort of  conflict between the
settings in these two applications.

My install is based on the howto at:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV/Install/WhatNext/ACPIWake#head-6768be9d891e12c3508e69bb0071c29e2637a72e