[mythtv-users] authoring

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jun 3 16:04:36 UTC 2007

norman wrote:
> Is there any software, that may be run with mythtv, for authoring when
> converting saved programmes etc to DVD. Your help would be much
> appreciated.

You can use MythArchive, or MythBurn from the MythWeb interface.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythArchive

You actually have to do more than just "authoring". Usually you need to
demux, remux, author and then burn the disk, as well as create menus if
you desire them. If the file is too large to fit onto a 4.7GB DVD you
might also have to re-encode to correct that, or use a DL disk.

There are also many methods that can be used outside of Myth, check out:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Archiving_Recordings_to_DVD

That link suggests using avidemux2 to demux the file. I use ProjectX for
that purpose and it seems to work fine.

for some more info on that.

BEWW