[mythtv-users] Hauppauge 350 dvd playback no sound

robinlee_r at yahoo.com robinlee_r at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 14:40:50 UTC 2007

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply

DVD player to the motherboard?, I meant the opposite to connect a sound card cable from the 350 sound output to the onboard sound card in jack, I don't have a sound card on this machine.

I remember that for the sound I selected on of the setup option, to make the pvr350 card the only output for video and sound, I remember I nunselected it and then I got some problems with the sound out, once I reselected the previous option I was able to get video and sound on my TV, I don't know if that would answer you question.

Robin

Jonathan Seawright <jonathanathome at verizon.net> wrote:       For some reason, I never had to connect a sound  cable from my DVD player to the motherboard...
 You might try looking into that? If there isn't a  port on your motherboard, (it's a 4 pin plug), then there most definately will  be one on a half decent soundcard.

 I have a question for you, Did you do anything in  particular to get sound working on TV?

 Good luck,
 Jonathan S.