[mythtv-users] LVM Question....

Jake Vickers jake at v2gnu.com
Tue Jun 5 13:49:00 UTC 2007

Andy Burns wrote:
> On 05/06/2007 01:11, Jake Vickers wrote:
>

>> On my myth machine I added another drive to the LVM, but the uuid
>> changed (don't ask....).
>>

> Don't be afraid to admit what you did in full gory detail, it's your
> best hope for someone helping you (or at least telling you you're
> screwed if indeed you are).

No big deal - I've already reinstalled it. Just wished I could have
saved my previously recorded DB.
And I'm not exactly sure what happened.... When I rebooted it started to
tell me that it could not find all the drives in the LVM and gave me a
kernel panic.
I had JUST added a 250G drive to the LVM, so I had hoped on removing it
(leaving me with the 160G) so I could back up everything and reinstall
it clean anyway - but first I had to try and fix it. Which made it worse.
Thanks anyway.