[mythtv-users] differing volume levels

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 18:46:18 UTC 2007

There's a section in the recording profiles that allow
you to change the intial level of the TV recordings. I
tried this but for some reason it didn't work so even
though I don't use ivtv I installed it so i can tweak
my video cards at boot so I added to my rc.local

/usr/bin/v4lctl -c /dev/video1 volume 70%

where /dev/video1 is your video card and 100%-70% is
the reduction factor. You'll have to play around with
the 70% to get it to your liking to keep it from being
too soft or still too loud.