[mythtv-users] HDMI & the elimination of customised modelines for 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p

Jonathan Seawright jonathanathome at verizon.net
Tue Jun 5 23:39:17 UTC 2007

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what you're talking about, but
here goes anyway.

I'm using a DVI>>> HDMI cable going into the regular HDMI port on my HDTV
(There is another HDMI port that is intended for "computer" resolutions, IE:
1280x1024)

It displays quite nicely, however, the outer edges of the screen aren't
shown (probablt 50-25px worth).. could this be the vertical/horizontal
refresh rates?

This is what I'm currently using as my xorg.conf:
http://g-ding.tv/?q=node/1666

By the way, changing between the different settings (like 480p and 1080i),
doesn't seem to have any effect on the appearance... I looked under gnome's
"screen resolution" app, and it stays at 1280x720 ... o_0 It seems as if
linux is ignoring my xorg.conf file!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... and I'm sure it would help
out alot of other people as well...

Thanks,

Jonathan S