[mythtv-users] Audio/Video Tweaks -- Video looks funky

Jonathan Seawright jonathanathome at verizon.net
Wed Jun 6 01:25:54 UTC 2007

Hey all,

I finally got my pcHDTV 5500 working with sound!!! (yay!)

BUT, there are a few things wrong still...

1. The video contrast is WAYYY lower than it should be.
How can I increase the contrast? Through the nVidia driver tools maybe?

2. The sound is extremely quiet. I've put the sliders in the sound window all the way up .... yet I have to turn my TV to 2x or more the volume that TV regularly comes in at.
How can I increase the volume even greater ? Is there a dB boost option in the mythTV menu? (I didn't find anything)

3. I get lines on certain HD channels... I have tried regular XVmC and Via XVmC... they dont seem to do anything.
How can I remove the lines?

Thanks!