[mythtv-users] Mythtv filling up disk space?

Stefan van der Eijk stefan at eijk.nu
Wed Jun 6 07:19:17 UTC 2007

I'm also seeing that my disk is filling up, but it's not due to the
mysql database. I think it's due to recorded programs that have been
deleted, but the mythbackend process is still holding onto them:

# lsof | grep myth | grep deleted
mythbacke 23174     mythtv   18r      REG                8,3
2894512128   28181291
/var/lib/mythtv/recordings/1028_20070604212500.mpg (deleted)

Restarting the mythbackend process releases the diskspace.