[mythtv-users] Diseqc problem with SG2100 rotor and MythTV

Gert-Jan de Boer boerg at nosco-ict.nl
Wed Jun 6 08:50:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm installing an Ubuntu based HTPC setup with the following components:
- Skystar2 DVB-S card
- Diseqc 1.3 Rotor (Moteck SG2100)
- MythTV SVN (rev. 13582)

When I'm tuning MythTV to a satellite position it is always about 2
degrees off to the left. When tuning to 19.2E the rotor turns to around
17E. Tuning to 0 results in an position around 2W.

Tuning the rotor manually gives great signal with mplayer.

I use the following program to tune manually:
http://www.verbraak.org/wiki/index.php/Goto_X_program

I think there is a problem in tuning the rotor in current MythTV SVN.
Does anyone have an idea how to fix the Diseqc in MythTV? My wife would
like to be able to watch TV without using the mplayer command line ;-)

Regards,

Gert-Jan de Boer