[mythtv-users] Source of my IOBOUND problem?

Craig Huff huffcs at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 16:25:06 UTC 2007

> Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 07:49:11 +0100
> From: "David Raine" <rainecc at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Source of my IOBOUND problem?
>
> It looks like your HD subsystem is just not keeping up with that load.
> hda is totally maxed.
>
> 1. Put in a 2nd HD on SATA (much faster bus subsystem if you have mobo support)
> 2. Separate the OS/DB and the /video/recordings onto different HD's
>
> -David

David,

I believe you, but...

I had been under the impression (apparently wrong) that three (3) SD recording streams
would not approach the available bandwidth of a standard (reasonably current) PATA disk.
Did I choose a clunker drive?

How do you tell (from all that data) that this is the problem (not to argue, but for education)?

Thanks for your help!

Craig.