[mythtv-users] Resolution, capture resolution, refresh rate, etc.

Mark scwipe at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 17:11:37 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Steve Smith <st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com>
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2007 12:02:48 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Resolution, capture resolution, refresh rate, etc.

Edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Ok that bottom Modes line (or all the modes lines) add "720x480" in front of the other resolutions, that'll make 720x480 the first resolution X will try to display.

Second in the Device section (it'll mention nvidia in there) you need too add:

 Option "TVStandard"  "NTSC"

That should do it!

Cheers

Steve

Cool, the NVidia driver can pretty much auto-configure it, then? Thanks.

Also, should I use 720x480 as directed in this post or 640x480 as in the other? Is the Monitor Section configuration necessary? What about the Device Section? Two different pieces of advice.

I'm really sorry about all this thread-splitting, by the way. I still don't know how to set it up.