[mythtv-users] How to mark a tuner as "never use to record"

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Wed Jun 6 17:19:16 UTC 2007

>> info to link up to the scanned channels.  I have to keep changing that
>> setting (and stopping the backend/recording in the process) as I go from
>> usage mode to tinkering mode.  This is suboptimal.
>>
>> How can the be better achieved?
>
> I don't currently know of way to leave an input completely configured
> and be absolutely sure Myth won't try to use it.  It's on my list of
> things to do, but there's no telling when I'll get to it.  What you
> can do, however, is go into the input editor in mythtv-setup and lower
> the "Input Priority" to a very low value.  This will cause the
> scheduler to not use that input except in extreme cases.

I did the same thing when I was setting up/testing firewire recording, but
in addition, I scanned through the "Upcoming Recordings" list every
weekend, just to make sure nothing was scheduled for that tuner - and put
an override for anything that was.

Unless someone goes in to LiveTV and picks channels from that tuner, you
should be safe.

Greg