[mythtv-users] ffmpeg quality for Flash Files

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 6 19:57:16 UTC 2007

On 06/06/2007 03:46 PM, Tom Lichti wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 06/05/2007 02:57 PM, Bob Cottingham wrote:
>>

>>> recording directory). Now I don't get the error, but nothing happens
>>> and there's no error at all now.
>>>

> I am in the same situation, see below:
>
>> What does your ffmpeg line look like in modules/stream/handler.pl?
>>
>> Have you tried running the ffmpeg command at the command line?
>> /usr/bin/ffmpeg -y -i <recording filename> -s 320x240 -r 24 -f flv -ac 2
>> -ar 11025 -ab 64k -b 256k /dev/stdout
>>

> When I run it as root I get data (well, gobbledegook, but data none the
> less), but when su and run it as the apache user (nobody), I get:
>
> Could not open '/dev/stdout'

Oops.  I should have changed the /dev/stdout to <some output file name>.

But, since you ran it as root, we know it's working.

Did you remove the redirect from handler.pl and check the apache error
log?  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/272150#272150 from
earlier in the thread for details.

Mike