[mythtv-users] Nuvexport Help

Kelly Shutt tetrahedron at whycomehere.com
Wed Jun 6 23:54:37 UTC 2007

OK, so I have a few requests.  I've been using MythTV successfully for a
while now and I'm running out of disk space; so I'm trying to get
nuvexport setup properly.
I've already run a couple tests and think I have decent settings; but
I'm having a couple issues.  Any example scripts you can provide and/or

1)  For some reason my installation won't do auto-transcoding.  The
processes show as queued on that status screens; but the logs don't show
anything, it looks like it's not even attempting to run them.  This
issue isn't a huge deal, since I really want to do a scripted solution
anyway; but it is annoying.  Any ideas?

2)  I'm not really sure on sane settings to use in my nuvexportrc file.
Does anyone have a good example of Xvid settings that I could look at?

3)  I noticed that currently nuvexport doesn't have an option to remove
the recording files and pertinent DB entries when it's done.  Is there a
plan to add this feature in the future maybe?  Does anyone have a script
to remove the DB entries and file; or at least know which DB entries
need to be removed to properly remove the recording information from MythTV?

4)  The test recording that I did last night had huge black bars all
around it; due to overscan.  I'm using a PVR 350 card for recording;
does anyone know the correct percentage of overscan to remove in this case?

In case it helps at all; I'm running Gentoo on the system and using the
most recent versions availible in portage, mythtv-0.20.1_p13344 and
nuvexport-0.4_p20061203

Thanks,
Kelly Shutt