[mythtv-users] New forum to discuss MythTV

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 18:09:04 UTC 2007

On 07/06/07, Craig Partin <cpartin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone else find it odd that this person has never made a single
> post on this list and yet wants to start a forum with a very generic
> announcement email?

I also notice this person has not made any further posts, especially
to respond to the comments/criticisms/questions made here regarding
said new forum :)

In my experience forums tend to be slooooooow (... well, so does
web-based e-mail, with GMail being the least-slow of the ones I've
seen...) and excruciatingly cumbersome to try to read. So I certainly
prefer a mailing list. In addition, the mailing list comes to me,
whereas I have to specifically go and check whether a forum has any
useful updates.

My post probably would not qualify as a useful update ;-)

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent