[mythtv-users] autologin mythtv on a multiseat system

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 18:58:30 UTC 2007

Hi,

my desktop computer is a multiseat system with two graphic cards.

at the moment, when I (or any other user) log in through GDM, an
autostart script starts 2nd Xorg server with mythtv like this (just X
and mythtv without window manager etc):

usr/X11R6/bin/startx /usr/bin/mythfrontend --logfile
/tmp/mythfrontend.log -- :1 -novtswitch -sharevts -layout TV -dpms -s
0 > /tmp/mythXorg.log 2>&1

That's working pretty nice without any problems. But there is one
annoying fact about this:
an user has always to log in before I can use mythtv on the TV.

I want to change that in the following situation:
- mythtv user will autologin and be on the 2nd X server
- nothing should change for the other users, which should be able to
log in through GDM as they are doing it now

I set up both servers in gdm conf and they are both starting.
I added mythtv user to autologin (in gdmsetup) and this users is being
logged in. But it logs in Gnome, so that I have on vt7 logged in user
and on vt9 GDM... That means that GDM login screen and user mythtv are
on the 1st X server ...

is there anyone with an advice?

How can I autologin user myth on the 2nd X-server just with
mythfrontend on the TV and still offer other users GDM login on the
monitor?

Thanks