[mythtv-users] Optimizing Picture output

Nathan A. Smith nasa01 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 10 19:36:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

Call me confused.  I have a rear projection TV that does all the way up
to 1080p.  It has many, many inputs -- and for this discussion, I am
using the DVI connection.  I have setup the resolution from X to match
the state TV resolution 1920x1080.  With this setup I have noticed a
noticeable difference between regular TV and what I see via Myth.  Since
I have no artist ability -- I really have a hard time describing what
that difference is (ie: color, contrast, brightness, interlacing, all
the above).  So my questions are:

1. As most things broadcast today are interlaced -- do I need to do
deinterlacing?

2. How do I match color, contrast, brightness between normal TV and
Myth?

3. Are there other options I haven't noticed that I should be using?

Thanks

Nasa