[mythtv-users] Source of my IOBOUND problem?

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 18:45:59 UTC 2007

On 6/5/07, Craig Huff <huffcs at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I could use some help identifying the source of my IOBOUND problem or how to find out
> what the source is.  Perhaps I'm just getting lost not seeing the forest for the trees.

Looks like everyone had good suggestions. Here's what I'd try if I
were in your situation:

1. Upgrade to latest ivtv driver
2. Add at least 512MB memory, consider 1GB since it's so cheap these days
3. Dedicated disk for /video partition
4. You didn't mention what filesystem you're using (or I missed it),
but you could try xfs or jfs which a lot of people find work better
than ext3. I would expect xfs to work best when writing multiple
streams.
5. Mount all filesystems with noatime

-Dave