[mythtv-users] Question about recording history

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 14:00:23 UTC 2007

Greetings,

I've been trying to figure out if this is possible, and so far, no luck.

After using several DirecTivos for several years, the wife was asking
about 'Delete' and 'Delete and allow re-record' and how these relate to
Tivo's 28 day rule.

We notice that if we do a 'Delete and allow...' if the same episode is
on on a different channel the next day, it will be picked up.  We are
wondering if it is possible to basically say 'Don't record if the
episode was recorded in the past X days'.

Also, does the oldrecorded table *ever* get cleared out, or is there a
purge utility?  There was mention in the wiki that mythfront end had a
utility to make the schedulerer forget it saw the episode - is this the
'delete and allow re-record' option?  Or is there something else?

TIA
Brian