[mythtv-users] Fedora 7, is all in order yet?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Jun 13 15:05:04 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 08:46:00AM -0500, Mike LaPlante wrote:
> >> You were right, glx wasn't properly setup. I never really thought to
> >> check. I had run the nvidia-graphics-switch, and I was seeing the Nvidia
> >> logo when X started, so I just kind of ass-u-me-d nvidia was all setup.
> >> I ended up comparing my FC6 xorg.conf to my F7 and copied and pasted
> >> these 3 lines into the F7 xorg.conf
> >>
> >>     ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
> >>     ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"
> >>     ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
> >>
> >> Under the Files section. I could be mistaken but I think the
> >> graphics-switch thing is supposed to add those. I don't remember ever
> >> having to do that.
> >>

> > No, this happens only at package installation time. But maybe I should
> > add it to the nvidia-graphics-switch.
> >

> I noticed my yum update had a nvidia-graphics-helper package pulled from
> atrpms-bleeding last night. Just thought I'd let you know after that
> upgrade the 3 lines mentioned above were no longer in my xorg.conf.

What? That shouldn't be the case, the opposite was the intention. :/

But the nvidia-graphics-helper package upgrade itslef would not touch
any config files at all. Maybe you are mistaken? Either there was more
that was upgraded, or the changes in the config file are not form that
upgrade?

BTW the last lines of /usr/sbin/nvidia-graphics-switch should contain
/usr/lib64/nvidia-graphics-helpers/nvidia-config-x.py
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net