[mythtv-users] MythWeb Redirection

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Wed Jun 13 22:25:31 UTC 2007

On 06/13/07 13:17 Chris Petersen said the following:

>dyndns and similar services are probably the best option.  If you have
>your own domain name and really want to use it, you can just set up a
>CNAME entry that points to the dyndns name.

I use zoneedit.com.  First 5 domains are free.  IP addresses can be
updated by sending a specially crafted URL to zoneedit.com.  Then I have
a script that queries my DSL router every minute.  If my IP has changed,
it fires off another script that sends the URLs to zoneedit.com.

Drew

--

Be a Great Magician!
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse