[mythtv-users] MythTV Demo

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 18:56:45 UTC 2007

On 6/14/07, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:

>  Change time varies a lot.  From my mainfrontend I can change channels
> in about 1 second using my PVR 250's and less than a second on my DVB/QAM card.
>
>  I've seen some people that take like 4 seconds which would drive me nuts.

Closer to 10 seconds for me, has been that way since I first used myth
(back in .14 days), and I just live with it now, and NEVER watch live
tv with my mythbox (I have a cable supplied STB hooked to the tv that
I use for both live tv and firewire to my mythbox).  This is with a
PVR-350, and I think the timing is about the same for (maybe even
longer) for firewire.