[mythtv-users] Lost audio

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Sun Jun 17 13:09:15 UTC 2007

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Cool Frood wrote:

> > My audio for MythTV suddenly stopped working.  I watched some shows
> > last night and then when I tried it again today, there is no sound.
> > This problem only affects the playback of recordings.  I can still

> When I watch a recording, I can see mythfrontend open /dev/dsp and
> that does not seem to have any errors.  I also checked the volume
> level and that Myth is not muted.  Any ideas?  Any help will be
> appreciated!

Assumeing you are using ALSA for sound, open the alsamixder and make sure
your settings are still correct, specificly for capture if you are using
audio capture for recordings. I'm guessing that you've lost audio on record,
not playback.

I've found that every once in a while, alsa seems to reset the capture audio
settings and volume to default. I'm guessing this has something to do with
yum/updates, but haven't tracked it yet.

Anyone know if there is an explicily way to save an alsamixer profile and
reload it ?