[mythtv-users] Local Stations?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jun 17 20:24:05 UTC 2007

On 06/17/2007 04:09 PM, Jeremy Gillick wrote:
> What settings should I change?  When I select my satellite provider
> the local stations are not included.  Should I also add a local
> "antenna" lineup?  If I do that, how do I get Myth to load both lineups?
>
> Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

What satellite provider?  I.e. in my area, I had the choice of DISH or
DISH Orlando.  If I chose DISH, it "didn't" include locals (they're
actually there, but using DISH's channel numbers (in the 8000's).  If I
chose DISH Orlando, it's identical to DISH, but it also has copies of my
local channels with the same numbers as used for OTA (i.e. 2, 6, 9, 18,
35, 65).

Either one works with Myth as the channel number is irrelevant--it's
only used to tell Myth which channel to tune when using LiveTV.  So, you
can get the one with the high channel numbers and just use the channel
editor to change the channel numbers to whatever you like (or just leave
them).

Mike