[mythtv-users] Cards keep changing /dev/videoX devices...

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 00:27:56 UTC 2007

On 16/06/07, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
> > On 15/06/07, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> >> There are NO module options for the cx8800 which allow you to force it
> >> to a specific video device, as there is for the ivtv driver. The only
> >> control method is load order. So you have to know what is being loaded
> >
> > What does the video_nr parameter for the cx8800 module do? modinfo cx8800 says
> >
> > video_nr:video device numbers (array of int)
> >

> No idea what that means. And not in the version of the module on my
> mythbox. Must be new to a later version.
>
> Not exactly a helpful statement if that is all there is...

I didn't add any more information (I could have prepended the first
sentence with "So" and finished it with "then") because when I
searched the list for information, I came across this post from 3
months ago [http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/256518#256518]
in which you replied to someone who had suggested using video_nr. When
you said you'd already tried it (at least that's how I interpreted
"Been there", sorry if I read it wrong) I felt I didn't need to give
any more information.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: