[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Jun 20 02:52:02 UTC 2007

On Jun 19, 2007, at 7:44 PM, Mitch Gore wrote:

> no kidding my stomach is sitting a little be lower now :(  But i
> have hope in the community.  They will come up with something I am
> sure.  I just hope we don't have to go back to scrapping websites
> to get the data or have to deal with downtime of not data.  We will
> see in the coming months what happens.  Maybe we can strike a deal
> with Zap2it or we find a new provider or some new method.
>
> Mitchell is sitting with his fingers crossed.....

I don't mind paying $5 or $10/month for reliable TV listing data. I'm
sure there are lots of other people on this list willing to do the
same. If TMS doesn't want to handle those finances themselves,
perhaps someone in this community will strike a deal with them to
download the data for a fee and sell subscriptions to the MythTV
community. Makes a nice side-business if you're up to the task. :)