[mythtv-users] problems with FC6->F7 upgrade

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Wed Jun 20 14:18:21 UTC 2007

Leszek Cieplinski wrote:

I just upgrade my FC6 to F7 as well, this should help.
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7

I basically wiped and reinstalled but left my /video partition in tact.
Then after running mythtv-setup and mythfilldatabase follow that link
and import just those tables.

This gets you all your previous recordings and schedules back, although
you'll have to go through all your other general settings. I think this
is the much cleaner option than restoring your entire old database. I
don't think hostnames will be an issue, could be wrong though.

Mike