[mythtv-users] Pay for listings [was Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?]

Cole Brodine cbrodine at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 15:37:27 UTC 2007

On 6/20/07, James Armstrong <james at thearmstrongs.org> wrote:

>  Cole Brodine wrote:
>
> As I've stated before, I would gladly pay a reasonable monthly price for
> listings.
>
> To add to that, if somebody wanted to setup a reasonable business proposal
> for a paid listings service (based on TMS listings or something else) I
> would gladly invest a little start up money after some review.
>
> On 6/20/07, Lan Barnes <lan at falleagle.net> wrote:
> >
> > I for one would be quite happy to pay a reasonable monthly subscription
> > fee to zap2it or anyone else who supplied this data.
> >
> > Has anyone approached zap2it to suggest that many of us would pay?
> >
>  I have seen quite a bit of response on their forum from users saying they
> will pay. I would leave feedback there. You have to login labs.zap2it.comthen select the forum.
>
> - James

James,

I think the point of this conversation is to say, "If TMS doesn't want to
develop a retail pay for listings program, could the community develop one
instead."

I've already posted on the Zap2it forums with my support for a pay program.
I think most people, like me, are afraid that they won't want to start their
own program since it has been suggested in the past several times and they
have never shown interest.

Cole Brodine

Visit My Website at http://www.brodine.com/
Blog: http://rabbitinhiding.blogspot.com/