[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Jun 20 19:39:15 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 02:20:54PM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> You can't copyright the factual information about a work or
> newsworthy event either, as Major League Baseball, Inc. has been
> finding out, repeatedly.

Sports accounts are perhaps the best analogy to our current situation,
IMO.  I hadn't realized the leagues were losing those cases, but I'm
glad to hear they are.

> Now, TMS may have a contract with each and every television
> station in North America... but I suspect that they don't, and
> that they may not even have an exclusivity clause. Consider PBS
> stations.

Indeed.  Likely, they're the only ones doing it because they're the
only ones doing.

Titan, though, does *not* appear to be only getting it's data from TMS;
their listings often differ (and Titan is often more accurate).

Cheers,
-- jra