[mythtv-users] Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Jun 20 20:13:09 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 12:14:57PM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> TMS has told me directly that the descriptions are their most
> valuable and best-protected asset. I imagine because it's the only
> piece they create and can claim ownership to.

I'm sure they would say that.

For it to be *true*, though, they'd have to be original, and not
derivative of the work of the program producers.

For *that* in turn to be true, TMS would have to *be watching every
program they publish schedule data for*.  Or at the very least, reading
the caption transcripts thereof.

Does anyone here think *that's* actually happening?

No; those blurbs are almost certainly written by interns at either the
production company or the network.  Generally.

Cheers,
-- jra