[mythtv-users] DVD Ripping was: Zap2it Labs Shutting Down?

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 00:56:33 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:

> You have just publicly admitted to violating at least two federal laws.
> Even though I think that was ill-advised it is still your right to do it.

Thanks for the legal advice.

For your information, DMCA violations can only be pursued via civil
litigation, unless they are done for commercial gain.

That means that the offended parties can sue me to recover damages.
Since I have caused the MPAA no harm, there are no damages.

> The problem is that your action reflects negatively on all Myth users,
> including the ones who try hard to NOT violate any laws.

Wow!  What grade are you in???

If Myth users so intent on not doing as I have done, then why is there
a MythVideo module at all?  Are you trying to suggest that most Myth
users don't have this plugin activated?

-----

I'm simply using the content that I have purchased for my own use.
I'll sleep well tonight.

I feel bad for you if this keeps you awake.