[mythtv-users] PS3 Patches - anyone want to test them?

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:30:31 UTC 2007

>From: "Mark Kendall" <mark.kendall at gmail.com>
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] PS3 Patches - anyone want to test them?
>Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:15:31 +0100
>
>On 6/21/07, Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:
> > cd ~
> > svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/mythtv-vid
> > cd mythtv-vid
> > wget http://www.btinternet.com/~mark_kendall/mythtvps3.diff
> > patch -p 1 -i mythtvps3.diff
> > chmod +x libs/libmythtv/cell/make_spu.sh
> > libs/libmythtv/cell/make_spu.sh
> > ./configure --enable-ps3
> > qmake mythtv.pro
> > make
> > sudo make install
>
>Just spotted the deliberate mistake. This should read:-
>
>cd ~
>svn co http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/branches/mythtv-vid
>cd mythtv-vid
>wget http://www.btinternet.com/~mark_kendall/mythtvps3.diff
>patch -p 1 -i mythtvps3.diff
>cd libs/libmythtv/cell
>chmod +x make_spu.sh
>./make_spu.sh
>cd ../../..
>./configure --enable-ps3
>qmake mythtv.pro
>make
>sudo make install

This is exciting!  Now I finally have a reason to install Linux on my PS3.
And of course I'm out of town this weekend so I can't try it right away, but
I should have feedback sometime next week.  Any hints on qt-embedded?  I see
a guide over on the wiki, but I'm not sure how current it is.  It seems the
major challenge with the PS3 is memory, and I would imagine qt-embedded
should help with that.

Jake